My journey wth green juicing began three years ago, I wouldn’t have considered myself unhealthy before juicing but I caught colds now and again. I was not over weight but I was chubbier than I am now.
So what has changed in the past three years? My stomach is undoubtedly flatter, I hardly ever get ill, my skin is clearer and brighter, and I crave healthier foods.
I find after having the juice my appetite decreases (it fills you up a lot) and I crave less junk food. On top of this it speeds up the metabolism.
Its essential to use a cold pressed juicer as it retains the maximum amount of vitamins and enzymes from whatever you’re juicing. Blenders aren’t as good as a lot of the vitamins and enzymes don’t survive the chopping motions. Heres the recipe of my daily morning juice:
- 1 Bag of organic kale (pesticides cling to non organic kale more than other greens for some reason so it must be organic) –Even spinach cannot come close in comparison to the number of nutrients that kale provides. Including kale in your diet provides nutrients that support healthy skin, hair and bones, as well as healthy digestion and a reduced risk of heart disease. Other health benefits of kale include improving blood glucose control in diabetics, lowering the risk of cancer, lowering blood pressure and lowering the risk of developing asthma.
- 4 organic celery sticks- Benefits of celery include its thcholesterol-lowering power at make it useful for improving or maintaining heart health. Celery also contains nutrients that lower inflammation a direct cause of cancer, heart disease, arthritis etc.
- 2 large peppers- Pepper is also a good source of the antioxidant mineral manganese. As a food that is rich is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients it provides us with anti-cancer benefits.
- 1 avacado- Packed with healthy fat that can weirdly help you lose weight by balancing our hormone levels. Again also contains high levels of antioxidants and anti cancerous properties.
- 1 kiwi/1 apple – (juicing fruit is actually not very good for you I do it purely for taste if you’re brave enough just drink the greens alone. Im not lol!)
Receiving the amount of antioxidants from all of these ingredients without juicing wouldn’t have been possible for me. For those of you who might not know anti oxidants are a substance that prevent cell damage. They are therefore our biggest ant ageing weapon. Imagine trying to eat a bag of kale every morning. Nothing will do more for your skin (anti ageing, clearing, brightening) Its packed with vitamin A, E, K B6 and omega 3 all essential to our skins health.
Vanity aside the anti cancerous, anti diabetes, and anti heart disease benefits are reason enough to make juicing a part of your daily life.
I urge anyone reading this to invest in a juicer and to give this gift to yourself. Nothing is more important than your health and the truth is nutrition is the only real health care. You and your amazing body deserve it! x